A new group of concerned Telluride and San Miguel County citizens have become involved in the opposition to the proposed East End Master Plan and are meeting over the next week to encourage others to get involved and challenge the negative impacts of the proposed Plan in advance of the 10/25 County Planning work session meeting.
- County has not identified the carrying capacity or growth potential of the region
- Inclusion of a new Community Housing (CH) Zone District overlay in all residential land use category definitions which will effectively allow the County opportunity to fast track zoning changes for large housing projects Click Here - CH Zone Info & Map
- Changed the Diamond Ridge, certain Deep Creek properties, Ski Ranches, Elk Run etc. to medium density without proper study
- County has not studied the legal impacts of the CH Zone District in relation to existing PUD agreements and existing private land covenant agreements
- County has not conducted any studies to determine if the CH zone district overlay will have an impact on environment, wildlife, traffic, emergency services, school capacity etc.
- County has not identified any new available water or sewer resources to support a CH zone district overlay anywhere
- Changed the Future Land Use Map boundaries
The County has described this Master Plan update as a vision of the COMMUNITY, yet more than two hundred (200) local citizens have signed a letter of concern asking the County to remove the CH Zone until such time the issues above can be remedied.
Outlined below is the schedule of upcoming citizen & County meetings.
Citizen Meeting - Today, October 17, 2023, 5:30 p.m.
In-Person: Library, Upstairs in Room #5
Meeting ID: 852 5053 2051
Dial-In Audio: (719) 359-4580
Citizen Meeting - Wednesday, October 18, 2023, 6:00 p.m.
In-Person Only: Ride Lounge, 135 Eat Colorado Avenue, Telluride
Citizen Meeting - Monday, October 23, 2023 – TBD
Trying to schedule one more meeting via Zoom & in-person before the County meeting on 10/25
County Planning Meeting - Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
Work Session Meeting - Click Here To View County Agenda
In-Person: 333 W. Colorado Avenue (West side of Courthouse)
Meeting ID: 851 1452 5405
Dial-In Audio: (720) 707-2699 or (719) 359-4580