Leasing - Short & Long Term
Short & Long-Term Leasing
Owners have the right to short-term or long-term lease homes subject to certain circumstances. Requirements include:
- An owner shall not be allowed to Lease or otherwise rent for more than a total of six (6) times in any calendar year (i.e., no more than 6 different reservations).
- When the consideration (rental income), exceeds five hundred dollars ($500) in one calendar year, the owner must pay a 3% Real Estate Transfer Assessment (RETA) fee to the HOC and provide documentation of rental income.
- All leases shall be in writing and cover the entire residence (i.e., no leases of bedrooms alone). Copies must be provided to the HOC.
- Short-term rental (less than 30 days) owners must complete a HOC application (link below).
- Dogs are not allowed in short-term-rentals, (except service dogs supported by the appropriate documentation and copies provided to the HOC in advance of a reservation).
- No timeshares or interval ownership is allowed.
- Owners & tenants are responsible for tenant compliance with all existing HOC Rules & Regulations.
- Owner must have a San Miguel County issued short-term rental license.
Click the following links to download the applicable long & short term lease regulation.4th Amendment-2-22-2005.pdf
Click the following link to complete a HOC short-term-rental application.Short Term Rental App 2022.pdf